Saturday, February 7, 2009

In memory of...


I struggled with the decision on writing on this topic or not. I finally decided to write on it based on the fact that this blog is about LIFE, lost and loved. Yesterday was a crazy Valentine's party for my 5 children and the extremely large Home school group they are part of. As 75 kids swarmed the park with pink and red sprinkled cookies and kung-fu panda Valentine cards to distribute to their closest friends one of my best friends kept a secret of her own. Yesterday was her due date. This is just a date. We all forget the date, all of use except the mother eagerly awaiting that little bouncing boy or girl. She had not forgotten the date. She will never forget the date. My friend lost her baby girl(Clare). Her miscarriage was during hurricane Ike, 2 devastations at once. She assumed that since it had been this long, then she really shouldn't speak about it, I suppose. Maybe she thought nobody would understand that even though it has been this long it still feels like yesterday sometimes. Women who lose babies, lose a piece of themselves too. This is something they never get back, but they learn to adjust to life without it. Life changes forever for these women. I know. I am one of them. My son has a twin. He died very early in my pregnancy. But it didn't hurt any less. I remember the date every year. March 19 2003. Bittersweet. Lost a child, kept a child. So, this post is IN MEMORY OF... the moms who suffer the loss. May they always, always know that in the darkest of nights, Light is just ahead. Lean on Our Lady, she lost a child too.

2 comments:

  1. Thank You! You said it all. I've been told it's the club no one wants to belong to. Unfortunately so many of us do. We never forget and cling to the hope that someday we will see our children in paradise. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many of us have lost children and feel so alone in the grief and, sometimes, worry or guilt that, maybe, I could have done something different and this wouldn't have happened. Thank you for sharing your story and that of our dear friend.

    ReplyDelete