Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Lent..giving up or giving in?


Brandon Heath - Give Me Your Eyes from Brandon Heath on Vimeo.

This song is amazing when you take a minute to really listen to the words.
Give me your eyes for just one second
Give me your eyes so I can see
Everything that I keep missing
Give me your love for humanity
Give me your arms for the broken hearted
Ones that are far beyond my reach.
Give me your heart for the ones forgotten
Give me your eyes so I can see


So many times we walk by people and don't even look their direction. We are so self absorbed that we don't notice they are there. What if there was someone that needed me, and was waiting for me to just look in their direction...but because of my selfishness, or lack of selflessness rather, I avoided eye contact, for fear I might be needed. Lent is a time for not only giving up, but also giving in. Let us pray that God will help us to give in to those fruits of the Holy Spirit that we so frequently forget: Patience Kindness, Goodness, Gentleness, Faithfulness, and Self Control. For if we can give in to these gifts or fruits... then the other 3, love joy and peace, will surely follow. (the greatest of these by the way...is LOVE)If you want to read up on the fruits of the Spirit...Galatians 5:22 will take you there.

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment